Appeals and Re-marks
Requests for re-marking will only be considered for the following components of the test, and with associated costs:
- Summary Writing – $54.45 (GST included)
- Extended Writing – $54.45 (GST included)
- Both writing tasks – $108.90 (GST included)
Re-marks for other test components will not be considered. ACER and NSW Police will not enter into appeals against results for the following exam sections:
- Literacy Skills
- Abstract Reasoning
- Verbal Reasoning
To apply for a re-mark, please submit your request in writing by email within ten (10) working days of receiving your results to ACER at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note the following regarding processing times for Re-mark Applications: (approx 6-8 weeks in total)
- Re-mark application period – Application forms and payments for remark must be submitted within 10 business days of the release date of a candidate’s results.
- Applications will not be processed until the close of the Re-mark Application period. If ACER are in receipt of both your application form and your payment, an email will be sent to you confirming receipt of your re-mark application.
- The remark of your exam paper will be completed by a different marker during the next available marking session. From the close of application date the remarking process can take from 4-6 weeks to complete.
Note: Marking sessions are coordinated after each NSW Police examination.
- Once completed candidates will be notified of the outcome of their application via email.
Should you wish to query a particular question on the day of the exam, you should alert the supervisor to your concern and submit an incident report before you leave the exam centre. Your query will be reviewed by the ACER NSW Police Office and you will be notified of the outcome.
Similarly, any complaints relating to the exam venue or physical discomfort suffered should be reported to the supervisor on the day, or in writing to the ACER NSW Police Office within five (5) days of the exam session.
It is not possible to receive special consideration for impaired performance on the day of the exam caused by illness or other unexpected personal situations.